Relentless Pursuit of Value
Who we Are
Fortify Energy is an Oil & Gas acquisition company producing over 5,000 Boe/d focused on maximizing returns across its diversified portfolio through a combination of production enhancements and cost controls.
We are an affiliate of Arena Investors, an institutional asset manager founded in partnership with The Westaim Corporation (TSXV: WED). With $3.4 billion of committed assets under management as of March 1, 2022, and a team of over 100 employees in offices globally, Arena provides creative solutions for those seeking capital in special situations.
Our team has deep acquisition and operational experience spanning 20 basins across the United States.
“A Relentless Pursuit of Value”
Operated Coalbed Methane assets and gas plant across 47,000 net acres in Emery and Carbon counties.
Operated Denver-Julesburg (DJ) basin operations spanning ~16,000 net acres in Lincoln County.
Operated assets in Texas & Louisiana across ~33,000 net acres.
Operated Haynesville assets primarily in Claiborne, Caddo and Webster Parishes across ~14,000 net acres.
Operated Tuscaloosa assets primarily in East Baton Rouge, Livingston and Pointe Coupee Parishes across ~24,000 net acres.
Chief Executive Officer
Senior Executive with thirty-five years of experience having served in various executive roles including CEO, CRO, CFO, and Board Member
- CRO of BJ Services Inc., a $1 billon privately held oil field services company located throughout the United States and Canada
- CEO of two publicly traded E&P companies from 2012-2017 and 2019-2020
- On seven occasions was trusted to develop and execute strategic plans to redirect financially distressed organizations
MBA, Case Western Reserve University; BSBA Finance, Gannon University
CPA, Chief Financial Officer
Experienced Chief Financial Officer, NYSE director, audit committee chairman and turnaround expert with over twenty-five years of experience
- Director, Audit Committee Chairman, Northern Oil & Gas
- EVP and CFO of North Shore Steel, a leading privately held North American steel distributor and processor
- CFO and SVP of Flotek Industries, leading turnaround efforts from insolvency to Exchange relisting
MPA, University of Texas at Austin; BBA, University of Texas at Austin
Chief Operating Officer
Senior Executive with twenty-three years of wide ranging and progressive experience and leadership in upstream oil and gas, including asset acquisitions, exploitation, operations, and executive management.
- CEO and Founder of Torrent Oil & Gas LLC, a private E&P company
- Chief Reservoir Engineer, Asset Team Leader and Senior Reservoir Engineer at Hilcorp Energy Company, serving for seventeen years
- Successful team leader of asset acquisitions, operations, exploitation and exploration and track record of capital deployment and field development
MS Petroleum Engineering, University of Texas at Austin; BS Civil Engineering University of Texas at Austin.
Twenty-plus years of a financially focused career in the upstream energy sector and on the institutional buy-side and sell-side investment industry.
- CFO of Sable Energy, an EnCap portfolio company
- CFO of Wagner Oil, a conventional-drilling focused private company
- Diligent financial executive with both corporate and Wall Street experience primarily focused on accounting, operations, reporting and financial analysis
MBA, Texas A&M University; BA, Finance, Texas A&M University
Thirty-plus years of diverse experience at domestic and international energy companies in accounting operations, financial reporting, audits, acquisitions & divestitures, joint ventures and IT management.
- Controller at privately held E&P companies, including Perdure Petroleum, LLC, ARD Operating, LLC and Milagro Exploration, focused on oil & gas asset transactions and transition
- Controller at publicly held E&P companies including Cobalt International Energy, Peoples Energy, CMS Oil & Gas Co. and Sonat Exploration Co.
- Forward-thinking and strategic team leader with significant track record of background in creative accounting, financial and organizational solutions
MBA, University of Houston; BSBA, Accounting, University of Houston.
Director of Finance
Fifteen years of financial experience in investment banking and in the upstream energy sector, focused on the analysis, financial modeling and evaluation of asset acquisitions & divestitures and other transactions.
- VP of Finance at Carrier Energy Partners, a Riverstone portfolio company
- Senior Financial Analyst at publicly traded Eagle Rock Energy Partners and EPL Oil & Gas
- Transaction-focused finance professional noted for securing large financial commitments for upstream projects while monitoring commodity risk
BBA, Finance, University of Texas at Austin.
Director of Acquisitions
Forty years of experience in oil & gas asset valuations, acquisitions & divestitures, team and project leadership, reserve analysis, business development and private capital management.
- Petroleum Consultant / Business Owner providing acquisition valuations, petroleum reserve processing, and strategy advisory services
- Director, Aquila Energy Capital Corp / Concert Capital Resources, monitoring oil and gas project loan portfolio
- Results-driven manager and team leader focused on evaluation, analysis and asset transactions, drilling opportunities and upstream / midstream projects
BS, Petroleum Services Technology, Nicholls State University