Who we Are
Fortify Energy is an Oil&Gas company focused on maximizing returns across its diversified, production-focused portfolio
Fortify Energy is an affiliate of Arena Investors, a $2.2B hedge fund that invests extensively in the energy sector. Fortify manages and operates Arena’s controlled investments
Our team brings over 100 years of combined experience across 20 basins in the United States
Dispassionate focus on maximizing free cash flow, not growth
2) Distinctive operations
Apply commercial, technical and operational acumen across all aspects of field operations to improve cost structure and netbacks
3) Capital efficiency
Invest in low-risk, high return work-overs and recompletions; avoid wildcatting
4) G&A efficiency
Lean, effective overhead structure that gains further benefits as operations scale
5) Financial discipline
Rigorous hedging program and capital structuring to ensure financial liquidity as well attractive free cash flow
Buzzards Bench (S Utah area)
Operated Coalbed Methane assets and gas plant across 47,000 net acres in Emery and Carbon counties.
Polaris (E Co area)
Denver-Julesburg (DJ) basin operations spanning 140,000 net acres across Lincoln, Elbert and Washington Counties.
Arapahoe (Shreveport, La area)
Operated Haynesville assets primarily in Claiborne, Caddo and Webster Parishes across ~14,000 net acres.
Falcon (Baton Rouge, La area)
Operated Tuscaloosa assets primarily in East Baton Rouge, Livingston and Pointe Coupee Parishes across ~24,000 net acres.
Tony Schnur -
Energy sector senior executive with 34 years of experience having served in various capacities including CEO, CRO, CFO, and Board Member; on seven occasions was trusted to develop and execute strategic plans to redirect financially distressed organizations. Recent engagements:
- CRO of BJ Services Inc. a $1 billon privately held oil field services company located throughout the United States and Canada.
- CEO of two publicly traded E&P companies from 2012-2017 and 2019-2020.
Education: MBA, Case Western Reserve University, and BSBA in Finance, Gannon University.
Greg Wachel -
Executive with 22 years of progressive experience and leadership in upstream oil & gas; prior roles include
- Founder, President & CEO at Torrent Oil & Gas LLC, a private equity backed E&P company
- 17-year veteran of Hilcorp Energy Company with multiple roles from Chief Reservoir Engineer, Asset Team Leader & Senior Reservoir Engineer
Graduated University of Texas with BS Civil & MS Petroleum Engineering
Eric Alfuth -
Extensive 20-plus year executive in the upstream oil & gas space; previous roles include
- CFO of Sable Bay Energy, an EnCap portfolio company
- CFO of Wagner Oil, a conventional focused private company
- Prior buy & sell side institutional positions investing across the energy sector
Graduate of Texas A&M with a Finance undergrad and an MBA
Abdul Lakhani -
Vice President of Finance
Seasoned finance executive with experiences in investment banking and upstream oil & gas
- Senior Associate at Skystone Securities, LLC, a boutique investment bank specializing in M&A and capital markets transactions
- Corporate Development & Strategy Associate at Riley Exploration Permian, Inc, a publicly traded E&P Company
- Prior finance positions at TD Securities and Deloitte
Honors Graduate of Stephen F. Austin State University with a BBA and a Master of Professional Accountancy
Larry Menke -
Seasoned profession engineer with 47 years of wide-ranging experience in upstream oil & gas.
- Senior Petroleum Engineer Associate at LaRoche Consultants
- Vice President Engineering with Burnett Oil Company
- Additional roles at Pennzoil, Gruy, Santa Fe Minerals, Altropos & Comstock Resources
Graduated Texas A&M University with BS in Petroleum Engineering